UltraVolt - High Voltage Power Systems Quality Assurance
UltraVolt Inc Quality Manufacturing System Summary
Certifications and Recognitions
Most UltraVolt high voltage power supplies carry the CE mark, DEMKO mark and Underwriters Laboratory (UL) Recognized Component Mark for the USA and Canada. These were issued based upon International Electromechanical Commission (IEC) CB Test Certificates issued by Underwriters Laboratory (UL) for IEC System for Conformity Testing to Standards of Electrical Equipment (IECEE) CB-Scheme.
• 60950-1 (2005) Second Edition - Safety of Information Technology Equipment
• IEC 61010-1 (2001) Second Edition - Safety requirements for electrical equipment for measurement, control, and laboratory use
• EN 60950-1 (2005) Second Edition - European Union version of IEC 60950-1
• 60950-1 (2005) Second Edition - UL version of IEC 60950-1
• CENELEC CIG 021 – DEMKO Factory Inspection Certificate
Quality Management System
The UltraVolt Quality Management System, as written, is based upon the combination of the ISO 9000 Quality Management Principles and the requirements of specific military standards. The UltraVolt Quality Management System is undergoing significant improvements with a goal of ISO 9001 registration in the not too distant future.
• ISO-17025 - Partial to comply with requirements for UL Witness Testing Program
• MIL-I-45208 - Inspection System Requirements
• MIL-Q-9858 - Quality Program Requirements
• MIL-STD-45662 - Calibration System Requirements
Design and Manufacturing
UltraVolt designs and manufactures our products using best commercial practices referencing various standards and specifications. As stated in the UltraVolt warranty, “To the extent the Buyer does not furnish the Seller with written specifications, the goods will be manufactured in accordance with the standards recommended by the Institute of Printed Circuits”. This is a list of some of the standards and specifications UltraVolt references.
• ASTM B488 – Standard Specification for Electrodeposited Coatings of Gold for Engineering Uses
• AMS 2422 – Gold Plating for Electronic and Electrical Applications
• IPC-2221 – Generic Standard on Printed Board Design
• IPC-2222 – Sectional Design Standard for Rigid Organic Printed Boards
• IPC-2615 – Printed Board Dimensions and Tolerances
• IPC-4101 – Specification for Base Materials for Rigid and Multilayer Printed Boards
• IPC-4562 – Metal Foil for Printed Wiring Applications
• IPC-6012 – Qualification and Performance Specification for Rigid Printed Boards
• IPC-9252 – Guidelines and Requirements for Electrical Testing of Unpopulated Printed Boards
• IPC-A-600 - Acceptability of Printed Boards
• IPC-A-610 – Acceptability for Electronic Components
• IPC-CM-770 – Component Mounting Guidelines of Printed Circuit Boards
• IPC-D-325 – Documentation Requirements for Printed Boards
• IPC-SM-782 – Surface Mount Design and Land Pattern Standard
• IPC-SM-840 – Qualification and Performance of Permanent Solder Mask
• J-STD-001 – Requirements of Soldered Electrical and Electronic Assemblies
• J-STD-003 – Solderability Tests for Printed Wiring Boards
Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Control
UltraVolt has an electrostatic discharge (ESD) control program in place throughout the company to help protect our components and products from ESD hazards.
• MIL-STD-1686 – Electrostatic Discharge Control Program
UltraVolt operates a company wide intranet which is used by individuals within our organization. The network is set up on a server to which authorized users have access. Differing levels of access have been set so that some users may have complete access to all documentation and data available and others may have access only to areas relevant to their work assignments.
Presently we are in the midst of implementing VISUAL Manufacturing®, manufacturing business software by Lilly Software Associates, Inc. This leading-edge technology is designed to manage the total production environment from quoting and estimating to shipping and billing. The installation of this system is a major undertaking and when completed, will provide a complete line of integrated end-to-end products that includes Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Advanced Planning and Scheduling (APS), Manufacturing Execution Systems, Quality Management System, and Warehouse Management System capabilities.